Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh...My...God...

Ok, seriously, this is messed up in the worst possible way! I used to adore chicken nuggets. I say USED TO for VERY good reason! I just saw this on a link from The Daily What (another blog) and had to share with all of you.

Link to the page they got it from: http://early-onset-of-night.tumblr.com/post/1206666159/say-hello-to-mechanically-separated-chicken-its



From the page the picture above is from:
"Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made from—things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

High five, America!

*smack*"

SERIOUSLY!? OMG...never again...never again will any processed chicken anything pass my lips. I feel sick...I used to eat chicken nuggets all the time, they were a staple in my diet, as unhealthy as that is but hey, when you don't have anything else they're easy to make and taste good. Or I should say, they did. Now all I can think of is chicken guts, bones and eyes added to the meat...

From now on, if it doesn't look like it came from a chicken, for example: It actually had muscle fiber visible, I am not eatting it!

I need to throw some things in my freezer away...

~Shara

UPDATE: Apparently the Twitter community is refuting this...but I still think I'll cut processed chicken out of my diet simply because I'll never be able to look at it again without grossing myself out.
Link to the comments refutting it:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/dkopf/say_hello_to_mechanically_separated_chicken/c10wqvt

1 comment:

  1. You want to avoid slim jims as well because they have mechanically separated chicken in them as well

    ReplyDelete