Sunday, November 28, 2010

Woman claims to own the Sun...



A woman from Spain's soggy region of Galicia, Angeles Duran, said Friday she had registered the star at a local notary public as being her property.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first." That is a quote directly from her.

To read the full story go here: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/offbeat/spanish-woman-claims-she-now-owns-sun-dpgonc-20101126-gc_10808147

She want's to also tax everyone on the planet for use of the Sun, with 50% going to Spain's government, 20% to Spain's pension plan, 10% to research, 10% to end world hunger and the remaining 10% for herself...

She plans on giving most of the money to Spain? When EVERYONE uses the Sun? What's wrong with this picture? Personally I think she is both crazy and stupid, though she argues against that. I know that there is a law saying no country can own the moon, but apparently the Sun is fair game? I don't think so, honey!

A) The Sun supports all of us, not just Spain, so get over yourself.
B) Owning the Sun is just as ridiculous as the guy that claimed the moon and the rest of the planets.
and C) What the F-word are you thinking?!How selfish can you be to use most of the so-called taxes on this ridiculous venture to forward only your own country? When all of us use it?

Please...Angeles Duran, never breed. It's for everyone's good.


UPDATE!
Apparently, Ms. Duran has no legal ground to stand on, the Sun is still free for all. Like we didn't already know that.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/11/30/you-cant-own-the-sun-no-not-yours/

~Shara

No comments:

Post a Comment