Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcome to The World of Strange

Enter the World of Strange and find things, art, objects and musings on this crazy world and the things it holds, both man made and natural.
In this blog I, Shara, will take you on a tour of the weird and strange, the cool and odd that this world has to offer. Opinions will be shared, strong language used at times and slightly NSFW things might show up on occasion but do not fear my friends, warnings shall lead the way!

The pictures I include won't have links to who made them or where they're from since I rarely find those things out, I find things on random searches in the vast thing called the Internet (if you don't know what that is, you've stumbled into a different dimension. Turn around and go home.) BUT...if any of you lovely readers knows of the links an/or makers of said things, please feel free to share them in the comments so that others can see!
Not sure how often I will post, dear readers, my life is busy...but never fear, for I find things all the time and will post them post-haste I assure you. Some things will no doubt have been posted on other sites and for that I offer no apologies, I see things, I like or hate them, I post them again. If you don't like that you are free to look elsewhere for your Internet Esoterica.

So, without further ado, my very first post and a thing that is near and dear to my heart if only because it gives me hysterical giggles every time I think about it... The Centrifugal Birthing Apparatus!




Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this (thankfully) non-patented device was made to basically throw the baby clear of the birth canal using centrifugal force... All I can think of every time I see or think of this monstrosity is flying babies hitting walls as the hapless mother screams while being whirled around in a circle! What were they thinking?!
I have no idea but I am SO glad it was never made. The cleanup alone should deter people from even trying. When I told my husband about this he nearly died of milk inhalation and said I was never allowed to try it when we finally decide to have children and my response was a resounding DUH. I mean seriously, centrifugal force to eject a baby? WTF!?
Well, until next time I leave you to think on that...and I apologize in advance if any of you inhaled any liquids when you saw the pictures.
~Shara

No comments:

Post a Comment